Tales of Linklu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please be patient while I build the forum, and help us rebuild Smile
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

View the whole list

Updates will be posted here.
Latest topics
Hello there!July 26th 2023, 7:32 pmSarikat
Hello there!July 26th 2023, 7:29 pmSarikat
Update on the Move!July 26th 2023, 3:39 amTuhi
Checking InMarch 5th 2022, 6:09 amTemp
January 6, Year 6 - LinkluMarch 18th 2020, 5:05 pmmitchy_girl
January 6, Year 6 - Rainbow BridgeFebruary 28th 2020, 5:22 pmSnowrush
January 6, Year 6 - UnspeakablesFebruary 17th 2020, 6:43 pmTemp
January 6, Year 6 - AnklebitersFebruary 17th 2020, 6:27 pmTemp
January 6, Year 6 - VillainsFebruary 13th 2020, 8:35 pmTemp

Go down
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin
https://talesoflinklu.rpg-board.net

New Mob Empty New Mob

March 6th 2017, 8:23 pm
So yeah.

I want to emphasize that these are just ideas. Unlike before, none of our groups really 'belong' to a single person anymore... Besides Kat, all the original creators are gone. Wouldn't it be good if we kept our mobs as community groups? I think it'd be cool if we all decided on them together... Opened them on a trial period... And built the group ourselves. Like Kat suggested.

For that reason, by no means am I trying to make rules, nor am I trying to take charge xD You guys can post ideas and topics anytime!

Admin wrote:Yeah, I was.  I wanted a group with neutral, well, everything.

The dominants are strong, and can be harsh as needed, but of course they still love their group, and each other.  But watch out for them on the battle field, they'll do anything to survive.

The group itself is pretty diverse.  Tensions can be high; they're survival driven, so there is competition, and there is drama.  They will attack and steal land, the occasional burrow raid... But I wouldn't say they're vicious or evil, unless they need to be.  There's a wide range of personalities in the group, but they're all survivors.

Subordinate pregnancies aren't encouraged (and often swiftly dealt with) Petty spats occur, but hardly ever turn into actual fights... dominance fights could be rare, it depends where we start them.

While there is tension in the group, however, this mob is extremely close knit.  The drought could very well have created this kind of mob.

These are just ideas, though.  We want them to be simple, and open to creativity.  The charm is that they're a plot wildcard.  Any sort of relationships can be formed, and they won't hesitate to fight with neighboring mobs; they'd be good for rivalries.  They're more like, say, the Whiskers I guess, but we can put our own spin on them too.  We could create new characters, or have them form from our stragglers.  If we do it right, I think it could be good for the group.

I think of the Weathers, the Peppers, and the Villains when Kiwi was around.  The Kittys seemed to lean more towards a kind mob to me, and the Shades were gathering evil meerkats (Sammi wanted them to be allies with Voldemort, to help defeat the ClawDiggers.)  I'm not saying that they be TOTALLY realistic, it just might be a little different.

We need a name, first of all, right?
Temp

New Mob Empty Re: New Mob

March 6th 2017, 8:38 pm
I have some suggestions.

1. The Muses
2. The Delphines
3. The Avians (based on an idea I was going to introduce involving a mob with lots of bird-named meerkats, but that got scrapped. I just like the name lol... and I'd still introduce a character named Parakeet)
4. The Acacias
5. The Camelthorns
6. The Kurumans (named after the reserve that the KMP studies on)
7. The Van Zylsrus (named after the closest city to KMP)
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 6th 2017, 8:50 pm
I thought of a few but we'll see what everyone else says

But omg I love Acacias as a name. I like simpler names but I'll try not to be picky haha!

I kinda like Puzzles or Fallen Stars but that's me xD
Moonbacon

March 6th 2017, 8:57 pm
I really, really love The Van Zylsrus but feels odd to name them after a real location hmm.

Avians and Acacias don't really sound like strong names like what Pancake wanted. Van Helrus? It's essentially Van Helsing and Van Zylsrus mixed, I think it sounds cool.

Moonbacon

March 6th 2017, 9:20 pm
Hey I have a small lore sperg for them.

The entire reserve suffered one of the most severe droughts they have ever experienced, plants withered, water dried up, animals died. Meerkats suffered greatly, many meerkats died and some mobs were outright wiped out by it.

During the time of the drought Vureon was within the Shadow Deaths with her sister and her adopted nephew Arthas. One by one she watched her fellow mob members die, Tantabus's recent litter died of starvation from te lack of milk. Eventually Tantabus died as well and the mob eventually dispersed, Vureon and Arthas remained together.

After barely surviving from scraps of food they could get, the situation started to get easier with small drops of rain but it wasn't enough still. Vureon and Arthas encountered other meerkats and joined together out of survival eventually the small wandering group grew into a small mob now called The ---

(I left everything else vague since we haven't even begun yet, but I really, really want Vureon to be the current dominant female tho I think she'd be perfect, she was originally very kind and timid but circumstances forced her to become a much tougher meerkat similar to her older sister Tantabus yet not evil, she does what she thinks is best for the mob and her offspring.)
Kat
Kat

March 7th 2017, 5:05 am
I'd be fine with any name that you guys come up with. I love a lot of the ones suggested. The Muses, Avians, and Puzzles are a few of my favorites. I think that someone also mentioned the names Sterling and Novus in the chat? Those would be a cool ones, too. Van Zylsrus sounds pretty neat, but I think that I'd misspell it half of the time. lol

Concerning dominance, I would really prefer that it goes undecided and is allowed to play out within the role play. None of my characters would be in the running for DF (I only plan on bringing two males over to the new mob), so this isn't because I want the spot or anything like that. I'd just really like to role play within a mob that is just beginning to form and with tensions only just beginning to rise as ranks are being established, you know? So, no one would automatically be the dominant couple. The meerkats who eventually claim those spots would need to work to establish themselves as such. That's just my opinion, though.

And I'm in total agreement that the new group should be neutral, like the Whiskers. They aren't evil by any means, but they don't pull their punches either. Everything is about survival, and the survival of the mob comes before any individual member's own agenda.
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 7th 2017, 5:37 am
Yeah, I had the Whiskers in mind myself, haha.

I definitely agree with Kat.  We should let them form in-game, working together to build up the mob.  They don't belong to one person, and are driven by the game.

I have a character who would want to be dominant female, but wouldn't stay that way.  Anyone remember Lucille? She's ambitious and fierce, but still loving towards her kids. Her mother lost dominance when she was a pup, and she just wants to carry on her legacy.  She'll come in having failed to establish dominance many times in other mobs.  I'll also be bringing in her son, Sohnii, who's had a rough life because of his mother's behavior.  It might be cool if someone played another, but only if they want to create a new character.  Once you guys warm up to her, I'd like her to have a litter, if anyone wants to play them.  

Like I said though, she'd want dominance, but I don't intend to play the dominant female at all.  Dominant male? Maybe, but only if no one else wants it.  I'd like to give Nini or Shadow a chance.  I already play 1.5 dominants xP (does Kaina count?)

You do seem to have the idea down pretty well, Moon.  Haha.  Maybe Lucille can remember Joestar, I always wanted to play them as a couple.  ;w; And I think I remember Vureon.

I'm glad you like the Puzzles, Kat! And I like Sterling too, hehe.  I still think Fallen Stars are my favorite for some reason, but everyone else has good ones too...
Temp

March 7th 2017, 5:26 pm
I agree that I'd rather see dominance play out dynamically in the roleplay.

Some more random suggestions I thought of:
1. The Carrollton Mob
2. The Acadia Mob
3. The Prairie Mob
4. The Iberia Mob
5. The Sabine Mob
6. The Vermilion Mob
7. The Magnolia Mob
8. The Sentinel Mob

Just more random suggestions
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 7th 2017, 5:33 pm
I think Magnolia is my new favorite.
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 7th 2017, 5:51 pm
And I like the sound of Vermilion... it sounds intimidating, and I like that, but does anyone think it's too long?
Temp

March 7th 2017, 7:08 pm
Well, Magnolia and Vermilion are the same number of letters xD
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 7th 2017, 7:24 pm
I guess you're right xD I guess I get all OCD with the l and i letters together, and us already having a V mob xD

But I love the name, omg

It's perfect
Kat
Kat

March 7th 2017, 10:27 pm
Vermilion is cool. I also like Acadia.

Might as well throw some names out there, as well. cx
I have no idea if any of these were once character names. My memory is poor and it's been a while.

The Nebulas
The Corvettes
The Grackles
The Scythes
The Droids
The Mimics
The Jesters
The Spectres
The Arachnids
The Truffles
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 8th 2017, 1:33 pm
One more.

Phoenix.

That. Is all.

Anyone else have names to get out of their system before I make a list? XD
YoshKatgirl

March 8th 2017, 1:49 pm
Mamamia, so many good sounding names. Not sure which one to choose. XD Invictus sounds awesome. :3 Ha ha, the Arachnids. XD I'm imagining a mob with a fascination for spiders that throw them at their enemies as a distraction or to frighten them. XD

I like the idea of having the new mob form in the role play. So many fun little plots and stuff could come out of it. ^_^ I plan to keep a few select characters from the old site, but am considering introducing one new character to the new mob. When tensions start to rise for dominance, they'll act as a peacekeeper, trying to defuse fights, but end up either getting completely ignored or unintentionally knocked to the ground or something, lol.
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 8th 2017, 4:56 pm
Omg I wish I hadn't deleted my post now. Um...

So Invictus means Unconquerable or undefeated. And I found a poem to match it, I think it fits them perfectly:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

omg too many names
Tuhi
Tuhi
Admin

March 9th 2017, 8:31 am

1. Acacias
  2. Acadias
  3. Arachnids
  4. Avians
  5. Beaux (or Beau, Beaux is plural, pronounced Bo/Boz)
  6. Camelthorns
  7. Carpe Diem
  8. Carrltons
  9. Corvettes
  10. Delphines
  11. Droids
  12. Enigmas
  13. Fallen Stars
  14. Grackles
  15. Iberias
  16. Invictus
  17. Jesters
  18. Kurumans
  19. Magnolias
  20. Mimics
  21. Muses
  22. Nebulas
  23. Novus
  24. Phoenix
  25. Prairie
  26. Puzzles
  27. Quests
  28. Sabines
  29. Scythes
  30. Sentinels
  31. Spectres
  32. Sterlings
  33. Truffles
  34. Ultimas
  35. Utopias
  36. Van Helrus
  37. Van Zylsrus
  38. Vermilions

...OK, now what? LOL
Moonbacon

March 10th 2017, 8:13 am
I love Invictus and Van Helrus, Vermillion and Phoenix but I reaaally want Van Helrus, it sounds intimidating (and so are some of the other names )

Well if you're making a poll those are my picks.
Temp

March 10th 2017, 9:39 pm
My votes are Avians, Mimics, Muses, Quests, and Vermilions.
YoshKatgirl

March 10th 2017, 9:51 pm
I love the Arachnids. XD That's gonna be one of my top favorite votes.

Hmmm...lets see. Oooh, Truffles, yum. X9 XD

Scythes sounds dangerous. >:3

Funny, camelthorns will be the name of the protagonist mob in my Living With Meerkats story. They're name derives from their territory consisting of camelthorn trees. X3

Eeeeh, So. Many. Interesting. Choices. I dunno. XD I like the idea of putting the new mob through a trial period, then naming them as their activity progresses. :3
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum